The Pearland ISD Communications Department celebrated 16 awards -- including two top distinctions -- at the Texas School Public Relations Association conference in late February.
Pearland ISD won two prestigious Best of Category awards for a Senior Walk photo and a Teacher of the Year published print advertisement.
The Best of Category award goes to the top Gold Star entry in each competition category, with school districts competing against same-sized districts.
In addition, the district won these awards:
- Best of Category and Gold Star: Senior Walk photo
- Best of Category and Gold Star: Teacher of the Year advertisement
- Gold Star: Kindergarten Enrollment brochure for non-English speaking audience
- Gold Star: RISE Mentoring branding
- Gold Star: PACE Graduation photo
- Gold Star: RISE Mentoring recruiting video
- Gold Star: e-News newsletter
- Gold Star: Pearland ISD Website Launch
- Silver Star: “The Progress” newsletter
- Silver Star: Job Fair flyer
- Silver Star: Pearland ISD Profile brochure
- Silver Star: RISE Mentoring Volunteer brochure
- Silver Star: RISE Mentoring logo
- Silver Star: Pearland ISD website
- Silver Star: National Mentoring Month social media campaign
- Platinum Award Certificate: RISE Mentoring
“I am honored to work alongside communications team members who take pride in creating world-class publications and programs. We are extremely proud of this statewide recognition. We love what we do every day -- communicating the great things happening in our schools and broadcasting the achievements of students and staff,” Kim Hocott, executive director of communications, said.
Fostering an open relationship between Pearland ISD and the public, the Communications Department manages many avenues of district communication and community relations, including the website, social media, print and electronic newsletters, press releases, RISE Mentoring, media relations and emergency communications.
Communications team members include Hocott, Mandy Benedix, Cindy Brown, Natalie Clogston, Melissa Hall, Lexi Marshall, Courtney Morris, Martha Stanley, Donna Watkins and Barbara Wellhausen.