Pearland ISD pre-kindergarten is a half-day program. Enrollment is available in August for the 2016-17 school year. Students must qualify to attend the pre-K program.
To qualify for pre-K, the child must reside in Pearland ISD, be four years old on or before Sept. 1 and meet one of the following criteria:
- Limited English Proficient: Students who speak or hear another language at home may qualify as Limited English Proficient. They will be tested prior to registration to determine placement in the program. Spanish language speakers will be tested in Spanish and may attend one of the district’s bilingual campuses. You must first go to your home campus to fill out a Home Language Survey.
- Economically Disadvantaged: Students qualifying as economically disadvantaged must meet the federal income eligibility guidelines.
- Foster Care or Previously in Foster Care: Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) Placement Authorization Form 2085, Court Order, or DFPS Letter of Verification required.
- Homeless: Children who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence and/or who are sharing housing with others due to the loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason may qualify. Student Residency and Assistance Questionnaire (SRAQ) required.
- Military Families: The child of a parent who is actively serving in the military or who was injured or killed while actively serving in the military. Appropriate Department of Defense identification or documentation must be provided.
If your child qualifies under any of these criteria, you may enroll him or her at the campus during new student enrollment.
Income Eligibility Guidelines